Probate and Trust Administration Services
Probate can be an overwhelming and lengthy legal process requiring court involvement as a person’s assets are managed at death or disability. The attorneys at Chinnery Evans & Nail have the experience and know-how to help that process run smoothly for the client. We are here to assist our clients with the following:
- Administering the probate estate. At death, the executor of a probate estate should identify the assets and value of the probate estate and understand the process and expectations of getting assets to the ultimate beneficiaries of the deceased’s estate. The probate process required when a person is alive but incapacitated is similar except that the assets are used for the incapacitated individual.
- Providing counsel to individual trustees. While trust administration does not necessarily require the involvement of the court, the attorneys at Chinnery Evans & Nail recommend any individual named as trustee of a trust seek counsel to understand the responsibilities, duties, and liabilities associated with that role.
- Pursuing the appointment of guardians and conservators. Perhaps a minor child inherits property, a disabled child reaches age of majority, or an elderly family member loses the capacity to handle her affairs. Whatever the scenario, our firm is ready to help you make sure children, minors or incapacitated adults are protected.
- Petitions for modification of trust terms. Our firm can assist clients that seek a judicial, or non-judicial, modification of the terms of a trust.
- Preparing and maintaining estate and/or trust assets. When developing and managing the inventory and accounting of estate or trust assets, our firm ensures everything is done properly for peace of mind.
Probate and trust administration can involve dealing with the most difficult of times, be it the passing of a loved one or the crippling challenges of a debilitated family member. The attorneys at Chinnery Evans & Nail are there to help make the process easier for you. Our team is well-versed and exceptionally equipped with the process. We ensure all legal steps are followed, so you don’t have to worry. Contact us today for guidance and on-going support during these hard times.